9.30am breakfast, 10.46am skateboarding with Alexis. It has been years since I skated, even so in the past I never dare to lift up my feet up from the ground without falling. I have always wanted to learn to skate in the past and when I can afford to get a board myself, I did not have the time to do it due to school. Since, I am so done with school, I bought a longboard for myself for Christmas. I practiced probably about 3 minutes on the grass to feel the stability of the board and then about 15 minutes skating by holding on to the railing of the bridge. I was good to go after that. Skated for about an hour plus around the park then another hour around the neighbourhood, after 40 minutes break time. I had such a fun time cruising and enjoyed every moment of the wind blowing against my body while skating. It is a great gift and I couldn’t wait to skate again. Headed home after crashing Alex’s place for a huge cup of ice water.


Showered and rushed to town to meet my colleagues (asked syaf, my friend along) for the countdown fireworks show. We met up for dinner at 6.00pm and went to the nearest place to watch the fireworks. We reached the place at about 7.00 pm and the place was crowded with people. Thankfully we found a place to camp and honestly, it was one of the best spot to watch the fireworks. We were really near, like first class seats. We played games for about 4 hours; cards against humanity and exploding kittens, as well as charades. Have to admit that we were the noisiest there, loads of screaming and laughing out loud. But who cares? It is the celebration of the new year!

I was really glad that the plan worked out so perfectly. The show was tremendous. When the first firework appeared I felt exhilarated, and I even felt that I have a chance to be new again (cliché uh?). I do not have any wishes for 2017 because I do not want to pressurise myself. However, I do have a to-dos list to check off but I do not need to fulfil all of them in 2017. If I do, I would be proud of myself.

Walked back home was my initial thought, but I hired a cab i was away from the crowded areas. I thanked the uncle for saving my life. I was so lethargic and my legs almost give up on me. It was almost 3am when I reached home and so ready to crash.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s